Bolt for relay only at Commonwealth Games

Thursday, June 26, 2014 | 7:29 PM PAUL A REID Observer Writer     
KINGSTON, Jamaica -- The world’s fastest man Usain Bolt could compete at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland in August but says he is only available for the relays.
BOLT
In a release posted on the Games website this afternoon, Bolt said he had submitted documents to the JAAA but does not want to take the place of anyone who will be competing at this weekend’s National Senior Championships.
The full statement:
“I am not ready to compete at the Jamaican Championships this weekend but I have informed the JAAA that I am available for selection for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and have submitted the relevant documents. I do not wish to take the place of anyone who qualifies this weekend in an individual event but am available for relay duties if the selectors feel I can be an asset to the Jamaican team in Glasgow. I have received lots of requests, invitations and messages of support from my fans in Scotland who are looking forward to a great event.”

No comments:

Post a Comment