Four Head To The UK With Chevening Scholarship.....The Chevening Scholarship is an international scholarship scheme which enables students with leadership qualities from 144 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study

Jodi-Ann Gilpin, Gleaner Writer Published: Monday | September 15, 2014
Donna Miller, an urban planner, is among four persons who will be pursuing studies in London, having received the Chevening scholarship last week.
From left: Alicia Maragh, Donna Miller and Anika Gray, take part in a send-off reception hosted by British High Commissioner David Fitton for Chevening scholars at Trafalgar House in St Andrew last Friday. Winston Sill/Freelance Photographer
From left: Alicia Maragh, Donna Miller and Anika Gray,
 take part in a send-off reception hosted by British High
 Commissioner David Fitton for Chevening scholars at
 Trafalgar House in St Andrew last Friday.
Winston Sill/Freelance Photographer
The Chevening Scholarship is an international scholarship scheme which enables students with leadership qualities from 144 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the United Kingdom.
Speaking with The Gleaner at the send-off ceremony, which was held at the British High Commission in New Kingston, Miller said it is important that persons do not give up on their dreams.
"I remember 2007 to 2011 being a rough period for me because I was unemployed. I have always heard of this scholarship as well and applied several times but didn't get through. At times, I got discouraged but I never gave up and today I am reaping the rewards," she told The Gleaner time to give back She will be going to the University of Reading in London where she will be reading for a master's degree in climate change and development.
"My mother always said it is not where you come from but it is where you are going and I always kept that close to me. Now it's time for me to make use of the opportunity, represent my country and give back," said Miller, who hails from the parish of Portland. more

No comments:

Post a Comment