Derek Jeter final at bat wins it for the New York Yankees......hits walk-off single in final Yankee Stadium at-bat to beat Baltimore 6-5

In his final game in the Bronx, Derek Jeter gave New York Yankees fans one final moment they'll always remember.
NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 25:  Derek Jeter #2 of the New York Yankees celebrates after a game winning RBI hit in the ninth inning against the Baltimore Orioles in his last game ever at Yankee Stadium on September 25, 2014 in the Bronx borough of New York City.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Derek Jeter
With one out and a baserunner on second in the bottom of the ninth, Jeter took the first pitch he saw and lined a walk-off single to right field to give the Yankees a 6-5 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. The 14-time All-Star was mobbed by teammates after he rounded first base as a sellout crowd of 48,613 fans went into a frenzy.
"I want to thank everyone here. I've said it time and time again. Everybody is chanting 'Thank you, Derek.' And I'm thinking to myself, 'For what?' I'm just trying to do my job. Thank you guys," an uncharacteristically emotional Jeter said. "If I'm going to be honest with you, these last few weeks have gotten tougher and tougher. I've told you members of the media I didn't want to talk about it because I try not to think about it. But it was very, very difficult. But it was all worth while." more

No comments:

Post a Comment