Stitchie Pens Autobiography......Titled, The Power of Determination, "No ghostwriter, I wrote it myself,"

Published: Wednesday | August 6, 2014
Having had his fair share of struggles during his formative years, gospel artiste Stitchie has penned an autobiography that he hopes will provide motivation for others.
Stitchie-  File
Stitchie
Titled, The Power of Determination, the book is set for release later this year.
"No ghostwriter, I wrote it myself," Stitchie told The Gleaner.
"That makes me the first reggae artiste to write a book. A lot of books have been written about them and for them. This is real. It is my autobiography. It is a motivational tool," he said.
According to Stitchie, physical and digital copies of the book will be available by the end of September, and on his website,kingstitchie.net.
Stitchie has been in the music industry for decades so, according to him, it was important, "to document my life experience and share them with others, because I believe others can benefit from them as well. I will also show that people can be academically inclined and gifted in the performing arts."
He also explained that he thought it necessary to write the book, as it shows his journey, and the fact that he did not allow his environment to consume him despite growing up very poor.
"I never had the textbooks, but I was never in the low grade. I was one of the top students. Once you want to move forward, you will find ways and means to do it. Going to a tertiary institution, it was not finances that brought me there, it was determination," said Stitchie, who studied physical education and biology at the GC Foster College.
Stitchie also plans to give persons a taste of his book at Morris Heights Health Center (MHHC) National Health Center Week Festival and Fun Day in Bronx, New York, on August 16. more

No comments:

Post a Comment