IN ST. THOMAS, JAMAICA: Gunmen shoot 7-y-o boy, Jahmauny Robinson.... Police hold suspect in shooting of 7-y-o boy.....heartless gunmen who sprayed the one-bedroom house in which he, his nine-month-old brother and their mother slept

BY KIMMO MATTHEWS Observer staff reporter matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com  Wednesday, April 02, 2014 
A seven-year-old boy remained in hospital last night battling to stay alive after he was shot in the stomach by heartless gunmen who sprayed the one-bedroom house in which he, his nine-month-old brother and their mother slept in Lyssons, St Thomas, early yesterday morning.
The heartless attack on the house in a section of the community called Pipe Lane left residents in fear and had Jahmauny Robinson’s mother, Nordia Johnson, frantically seeking assistance to save her son.
Nordia Johnson (right) is a picture of
grief as she reflects on the shooting
 of her sevenyear- old son Jahmauny Robinson
shown here. (PHOTOS: MICHAEL GORDON)
“I was sleeping in my bed with my children and is the sound of gunshot wake me,” Johnson explained.
The distraught mother stood in a daze with her hands on her head as she recalled the horrific attack which occurred at approximately 3:45 am.
“When mi hear the shot mi hear mi son cry out,” said the 29-year-old woman as she fought hard to hold back the tears.
“When mi babyfather go check, him see mi baby covered in blood,” she added.
In a desperate bid to save the life of her child, Johnson lifted the boy and rushed out onto the street crying for help.
“For several minutes mi out there a call and no one came to my rescue,” she said, explaining that she watched helplessly as cars drove by.
“I ran out in the road in my underwear and blouse.
I was covered in blood calling out for help; they all ignored me.”
Determined that she would not allow her son to die, Johnson started running with him toward the Princess Margaret Hospital.
“While I was rushing with mi baby is a youth mi see come out come help me and gave me a lift to Princess Margaret Hospital,” she said. more

No comments:

Post a Comment