Lancashire, England (UK): Teen, Aaron Parfitt Suspended For Protesting School's Lack Of Homework after he failed a math exam.....“I did it because I needed some attention for them to listen,”

The Huffington Post  | by  Rebecca Klein Email RSS   Posted: 03/20/2014 1:36 pm EDT Updated: 03/20/2014 1:59 pm EDT
It is not often that you hear students complaining about not getting enoughhomework, but when this British student did, he got suspended.
Main Entry ImageTeenager Aaron Parfitt was recently suspended for two days from Bispham High School in Lancashire, England, after he led at least 40 students in a walkout to protest the high school’s lack of rigor, according to the BBC.
Last year, the school received a failing grade from Ofsted, the British government agency that inspects schools, according to the outlet. Inspectors said the school did not provide adequately demanding math and reading standards. Parfitt reportedly felt the need to take action against the school's lack of homework and high staff turnover rates after he failed a math exam.
“I did it because I needed some attention for them to listen,” Parfitt told British outlet the Blackpool Gazette. “Before now I’ve talked to my headteacher, my head of year and the head of maths about problems … I’ve had so many different maths teachers and none of them stop for more than a week.” According to the outlet, the protest only lasted for a short time before students dispersed. more

No comments:

Post a Comment