IN JAMAICA: I'm not spreading AIDS ...insists man infected with deadly virus But deceased woman's angry relative disagrees....an influential member of a religious group who is accused of knowingly spreading the deadly HIV virus, which causes AIDS, to several female partners, one of whom has since died as a result of complications from the disease.

BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Sunday Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com  Sunday, March 23, 2014    
CONTROVERSY now swirls around an influential member of a religious group who is accused of knowingly spreading the deadly HIV virus, which causes AIDS, to several female partners, one of whom has since died as a result of complications from the disease.
‘That man wilfully killed my mother’
So concerned is the livid hierarchy of the Rastafarian organisation that it has scheduled a meeting with the alleged errant member when it is expected that he will be expelled from the group.
Additionally, the daughter of the woman who died from the disease and who was buried last week Sunday has been highly critical of the 'religious' man, whom she blames for the death of her mother.
However, the accused man has vehemently denied the accusations that he has been wilfully spreading the disease.
In rubbishing the claims, he acknowledged that the woman who died was the only one to have contracted the virus from him. He said that it only happened because he didn't know at the time that he was carrying the virus.
"I don't know of anybody else who can say I give it to them," he said in an interview with the Jamaica Observer on Friday. "Because I understand certain things, I wouldn't do that. But when I was dealing with this lady, I never know that I had it," he said, looking bewildered.
"I wouldn't even try and do something like that ... to know that I have it and give her. Why would I do that as a man who has Godly fear and character," he went on. But the daughter of the deceased woman has a different story. more

No comments:

Post a Comment