Paula Deen Defends Herself on the Today Show with Matt Lauer....Says she used the N...word 30 years ago

pauladeentodayshow.jpgPaula Deen finally went on Today this morning to discuss her infamous deposition transcription and the resulting implosion of her empire. Deen bailed on Today last week, which set off an odd chain of events that ended with the Food Network firing her.
And it was bizarre. It started off with predictable talking points: "There have been some very hurtful lies said about me," Deen told Lauer. "I'm not a racist." She also told him had she been in the Food Network's position, she'd still have a job: "Would I have fired me. Knowing me? No." Deen insisted that she had used the N-word once in her life, the incident that was cited in the deposition. Also, this: "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, please pick up that stone andthrow it so hard at my head that it kills me." Highlights are below; we'll get video up as soon as possible. READ More...

No comments:

Post a Comment