Prime Minister Andrew Holness: I'll take vaccine when it's my turn

Friday, March 19, 2021

Prime Minister Andrew Holness is assuring the country that he will get vaccinated but only when it is his turn to receive the COVID-19 jab, along with the other close to 6,000 front line public sector workers.

Prime Minister Andrew Holness making his presentation
 in the 2021/22 budget debate in Parliament yesterday.
 He said the Government was committed to the principle of
 equity in distribution of COVID-19 vaccines.
 (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

In his contribution to the 2021/22 budget debate in the House of Representatives yesterday, he stated: “I intend to get vaccinated, but I will await my turn in keeping with the prioritisation order [that has been] set. Some public officials, including ministers and Members of Parliament, have been vaccinated. I will be taking my vaccination with the front line public sector workers and Government officials,” he told the House.

Holness said he was sensitive to calls for the national leaders to be vaccinated first as a signal to the nation that they are confident in the safety of the vaccine which Jamaicans are being asked to accept. more

No comments:

Post a Comment