GREEDY: I Voted For Trump With My Wallet, Says Jamaican In Florida

 Sunday | November 15, 2020 | 12:16 AM


An Orlando, Florida-based Jamaican man is ruing United States President Donald Trump’s defeat at the polls to Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

With the US Capitol in the background, supporters
 of President Donald Trump rally at Freedom
Plaza in Washington yesterday.

Contractor Delroy Allen told The Sunday Gleaner that he is worried stiff that his earnings will significantly fall because of Biden’s early campaign promise to increase taxes for Americans who earn US$400,000 or more.

“I voted for Trump. I voted with my wallet. He gave the people who employ me a tax break and that trickled down to me. I have lived here since 2002 and my earnings increased under Trump. Now, I have to put plans on hold as next year my earnings are set to decrease if the taxes are raised, “ Allen said.

Trump’s cavalier style has not endeared him to the majority of American voters due to his penchant to verbally attack his detractors and his perceived alliance with right-wing white supremacist groups, taking a lot of flak for not openly distancing himself from those factions during a presidential debate. more

No comments:

Post a Comment