CLARENDON, JAMAICA: Family, Teacher In Shock After 11-year-old Schoolboy Stephen Williams Murder In Clarendon...."By the time mi reach back over, I heard the shots and I remember that he was there so me and mummy run out and I saw my little brother on the ground at the shop," the boy's sister said.

Published:Friday | April 3, 2015
The family of an 11-year-old boy who was murdered on Wednesday night is still trying to come to the realisation that their loved one was taken from them in such a brutal manner.
Stephen Williams died after he was shot multiple times while he was at a shop in New Bowens, Clarendon, where he lived. Williams' older sister said they went to the shop around 9 p.m. and she left him and went back home.
"By the time mi reach back over, I heard the shots and I remember that he was there so me and mummy run out and I saw my little brother on the ground at the shop," the boy's sister said. The police were called and the scene was processed and Williams' taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The young victim has been described as a quiet but jovial sibling who wasn't very troublesome. Williams was a grade-six student at Hazard Primary School, also in Clarendon. 
Principal Althea Simmons said she was shocked and in disbelief when he heard the news that one of her students was shot and killed. "He is one of our best students. He is a student that is always neat and tidy and is always concerned about his work. He is really going to be missed by his classmates and teachers because he was a real example to the boys in school."
Simmons also described him as a quiet boy who was well disciplined. "I don't know how we are going to manage when school reopens after the holidays and the students are to get back in class. Stephen will be missed by all of us," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment