Bolt woos Brazil.... Says he's impossible to beat when at his best, he wants to break his own 200-metre world record, and do it by running under 19 seconds..... Forbes reported Bolt earned US$23.2 million in 2014, almost all from sponsorships. He is number 45 on Forbes' list of the highest earning athletes.

Sunday, April 19, 2015    
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -- Usain Bolt has a few goals left before he retires: He wants to break his own 200-metre world record, and do it by running under 19 seconds.
He set the record of 19.19 seconds in 2009, and also set the 100 record of 9.58 in the same year.
Jamaican sprinter and six-time Olympic gold medallist Usain
 Bolt (centre) poses with children during a visit to a sports complex
 at the Mangueira shanty town in Rio de
 Janeiro, recently. (PHOTO: AFP)
"That's one of my biggest goals," Bolt said Friday in Rio, which will host South America's first Olympics next year. "It's actually to run under 19 seconds. I think this season it will be hard to do, but the key thing is trying to stay injury free so I can go into the Olympic season in the best shape that I can be."
The six-time Olympic gold-medal sprinter was in Rio to run an exhibition race over the weekend.
Asked to rate himself, Bolt was forthright.
"When I'm in great shape, I'll tell you guys, I worry about nobody because I know that when I'm at my best, it's definitely almost impossible to beat me."
Usain Bolt playfully races with youths during
a visit to asocial sport programme in

 Manguiera slum in Rio de Janeiro,
 Brazil recently (PHOTO: AP)
Bolt reiterated that Rio will be his last Olympics, but not his last season. He said he'll retire after the 2017 world championships in London.
"After the Olympics I'll go on for one more season," he said. "My sponsors asked me if I could continue. I'll do one more season, and then I'll hopefully hang my spikes up."
Bolt will turn 30 the day the Olympics close -- August 21, 2016.
Forbes reported Bolt earned US$23.2 million in 2014, almost all from sponsorships. He is number 45 on Forbes' list of the highest earning athletes. more

No comments:

Post a Comment