CLARENDON, JAMAICA (CRAZY, CRAZY...What Is Going On in JA?) : 12 y-o allegedly raped and now pregnant by 57 y-o relative....The child is now seven months pregnant and her 28-year-old mother (who has 4 children of her own) is upset that the man she believes is responsible is yet to be arrested.

At a time when most students her age are getting ready to sit the Grade Six Achievement Test, 12-year-old Alicia*, is preparing to give birth to a baby that is allegedly fathered by her 52-year-old relative.

Mother Janet Fearon* (right) and daughter Alici
The child is now seven months pregnant and her 28-year-old mother is upset that the man she believes is responsible is yet to be arrested.
Janet Fearon* told The Sunday Gleaner her daughter was sexually assaulted by her cousin and another man in their rural Clarendon community last year, but she was unaware of this until she took the child to the doctor for a check-up. The doctor contacted the police after confirming the pregnancy and questioning the little girl.
"She said she is afraid to talk to me. I don't know why she is afraid to talk to me as a mother. I don't know if it's because I am strict. If she come home and say anything to me, I would rough her," admitted Fearon.
"The other day she come from school and I see that she was crying and I said 'Alicia, what's the matter' and she said 'mommy, I am okay', that's it, she said nothing more to me," she said. But Alicia told The Sunday Gleaner that she could not tell her mother because she was threatened. She said the incident took place as she was coming home from extra lessons one day.
According to Alicia, it was not uncommon for her to visit her cousin's house, since his 12-year-old daughter is her best friend. That day, however, two adult men took her into a bedroom and told her that they wanted to have sex with her. "They said if I go home go tell my mother, they gonna kill me," the little girl recounted.
Alicia and her mother have since been questioned by the police regarding the incident, however, to date, no charges have been filed against the accused men. While one of the men have been keeping a low profile and only visits the community in the wee hours of the morning, police say they have refrained from arresting Alicia's cousin because his foot was amputated a few weeks ago.
Police personnel from the Frankfield Police Station told The Sunday Gleaner that they were advised by the clerk of courts for the Clarendon Resident Magistrate's Court to hold off on arresting the accused until his foot is healed. However, they insisted that they visit Alicia on occasions. more

No comments:

Post a Comment