IN JAMAICA: 100 y-o Alma Whyte has no regrets in life...Centenarian beats down common-law unions...."I have no problem. All I have to do now is just settle my account with God and to obey his word and do his will. At the end of my journey I will find that peace with Him in paradise. That's all I need now."

BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Sunday Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com  Sunday, February 08, 2015 
"I have no regrets in life, because I experience this and I experience that in life ... I experience many things, but God has brought me through and still give me length of days to settle my account with Him," revealed centenarian Alma Whyte.
Whyte, who brought up her milestone last December 7, added:
Alma Whyte, centenarian
"I have no problem. All I have to do now is just settle my account with God and to obey his word and do his will. At the end of my journey I will find that peace with Him in paradise. That's all I need now."
Born in Kingston at the Victoria Jubilee Hospital in 1914, Whyte grew up in various areas of downtown Kingston, including Fletcher's Land, North Street, Orange Street and Brentford Road.
Whyte was an only child and grew with her mother until she died when she was only seven years old.
"I don't know anything about my father. My grandaunt grew me after my mother died," she disclosed.
Alma and her family
Whyte attended the St Barnabas School in Fletcher's Land, then St George's Extension where she did extra lessons in English.
"I never did any great, fun things when I was growing up, you know," the eloquent, soft-spoken Whyte said. "I never do much of that because I never had any parents. So you know you had you margin because I was living with someone else." Living with her grandaunt was not always smooth sailing for the young girl who admitted to being a bit mischievous then. more

No comments:

Post a Comment