CRICKET LOVELY CRICKET: Emotional and teary-eyed Chris Gayle delivers cryptic message during academy launch at Lucas Cricket Club in JAMAICA, West Indies

Friday, June 06, 2014    
Emotional and teary-eyed as his academy was launched yesterday at Lucas Cricket Club, West Indies player Christopher Gayle, known for his hard-hitting style when batting, aimed a few mysterious blows in the direction of the Jamaica government.
STAR CRICKETER, CHRIS GAYLE
Near the tail-end of a substantial speech, relating boyhood stories and his early years at Lucas CC, the Jamaican left-handed opener, who is on the verge of playing his hundredth Test match, changed the pace of proceedings with a cryptic message.
"I've only asked my country for two things ever. I've asked for two simple, simple things from the government and they told me 'no'... and I'm not going to get into details of what it is," the 34-year-old told those in attendance.
Continuing, Gayle, said he will not make a third request, while adding that the late West Indies and Jamaica all-rounder Laurie Williams had also been refused a favour before he died in a car crash at age 33 in 2002.
"I've done so much for hospitals here, schools and everything, and I ask my country for a small favour.
"I remember another national cricketer, Laurie Williams asked for a favour from the government, he died and didn't get it, and that's a man who represented his country. more

No comments:

Post a Comment