IN JAMAICA: HORROR/DISAPPOINTING STORIES for people meeting online: All Woman...He flew in to MoBay and paid my fare to fly there from Kingston too. I was to spend the night,.My prince was wearing a doo-rag with his pants below his butt, and his Ebonics was peppered with Ni@#@ ...... ‘Three of his top teeth were gold...’ My worst online date

Liquid Gold models Monae and Trivis
BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE All Woman Writer  Monday, March 03, 2014 
WITH finding friends on sites like Facebook and Twitter becoming the norm nowadays, it's also becoming the most natural thing for couples to hook up online.
And while many love stories have come from the Internet, so too have more and more horror stories of hook-ups gone wrong.
Persons have confessed to being lied to about the physical appearance of the other party, turned off by hygiene and turned off by the person's true character. Here some readers share their stories of their worst online dates.
Shellie M, 40:
I met this very nice guy on Facebook. We would message each other a lot and we eventually exchanged numbers and started calling each other regularly. He lives in the US and so we talked about either me visiting or him coming to Jamaica. It ended up that he came here. This was about nine months after we first started talking. I picked him up at the airport and believe me, he looked nothing like what he looked like on Facebook. Apparently he only posted pictures of himself when he was much younger and he never smiled in any of those photos. When I met him he was short, and three of his top teeth were gold. Gold teeth? That was the biggest turn off for me. So all the plans we had about what we would do when he came just went right down the drain for me. I refused to be seen in public with a man whose mouth was full of gold teeth. The thought of kissing him was so repulsive I felt like vomiting. I texted my cousin and we made up a story about a family emergency and I apologised profusely for leaving him the same day he came but I wasn't going to stick around. The worst part though is that I am the reason he came to Jamaica, so I still called him to ask if he was OK and sounded concerned and distressed that I could not be with him. Of course it was just a show.
Paula, 33:
This American guy found my blog online and contacted me, telling me I was cute. We chatted for a few months and he even said he had told his mom about me, he was that serious. He said he was an engineer, so of course I had the clean-cut image in my head. I had seen photos, but nothing that I could really use to judge. He flew in to MoBay and paid my fare to fly there from Kingston too. I was to spend the night, though I hadn't thought about the dynamics. He met me at the airport and I was immediately disappointed. My prince was wearing a doo-rag with his pants below his butt, and his Ebonics was peppered with Ni@#@ and Rap foolishness. I'm not one to judge but bwoy, what a let down. It was late so we went to the hotel, where, of course, he had weed and smoked. I spent the whole night on the couch hoping I wouldn't be attacked. He emailed me for a long time after that, but I was never into guys like that. more

No comments:

Post a Comment