Freddie McGregor calls for more recognition...... "Even after 50 years of musical contributions to my country, I am still not being fully recognised."

VETERAN reggae act Freddie McGregor does not feel he has been given his due for his contribution to Jamaica's music.
His comments come as he celebrates 50 years in the local music fraternity. "Even after 50 years of musical contributions to my country, I am still not being fully recognised. I can't help but to wonder what is the criteria to be honoured as too often talents are killed because of friendship and payola," he told Sunday Observer.
McGREGOR... even after 50 years
of musical contributions to my
country, I am still not being fully recognised


 
McGregor, who received an Order of Distinction (OD) from the Jamaican Government in 2003 for his contribution to the music industry, said veterans including Ken Boothe and John Holt are among several veterans not given enough credit locally. "If I was to be given Jamaica's highest honours, I would ask that it be given to a John Holt or Ken Boothe as they have been paving the way years before me," he said.
Both Holt and Boothe received ODs in 2004 and 2003, respectively. Read more: 

No comments:

Post a Comment