'Bolt Inspired Me': I Really Respect And Appreciate Him - Gatlin.

Jamaica's Usain Bolt (centre), Nesta Carter (right) and the United States' Justin Gatlin display their medals during the presentation ceremony for the men's 100 metres final at the 2013 IAAF World Championships in August. Bolt won gold, Gatlin, silver, and Carter, bronze. - file
Gatlin, Bolt and Carter
Justin Gatlin was an emotional man at the London Olympics in 2012, not because he had finished behind Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake in the 100 metres final, but because he had lined up beside them in the first place.
"I got emotional at the Olympics because my goal was to line up next to this guy and I was lined up next to him and Yohan Blake - between them, actually. I felt like, 'You  may not like me, but you are going to respect that I am here; we are going to battle today.'"
They say one's biggest rival is sometimes also their biggest admirer.
When Jamaica sprinting superstar Usain Bolt announced himself to the world in 2008 at the Beijing Olympic Games, winning three gold medals in world record fashion, American Justin Gatlin was watching from afar in astonishment - at home, serving the second of a four-year drug ban. read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment