JN Rewards 33 GSAT Top Performers With Scholarships

Leighann Dacres-Jones, who attends Bishop Gibson High School in Manchester, is one of the Jamaica National GSAT Awardees for 2013. - Ian Allen/Staff PhotographerLeighann Dacres-Jones' eyes gleamed like the sunshine on a bright sunny day as she made her way from the podium, she was beyond delighted to be the Jamaica National Building Society (JNBS) GSAT scholarship recipient for the parish of Manchester.
The 12-year-old was among 33 students who were formally recognised as JN Scholars by JNBS yesterday at the scholarship reception. The event took place at the JN Half-Way Tree Branch.
Each of the awardees received five-year scholarships to cover their fees throughout their high school tenure.
"I am very grateful to JN and I am thankful for my parents, as they were able to put me through school. It was long journey, but thankfully I made it and I'm ready for the next stage of my life," she told The Gleaner. read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment