IN JAMAICA: Hard Work Paid Off - Kimberly Burnett Achieves 10 Ones In CSEC Exams.

Kimberly Burnett
Kimberl Burnett
MEDICAL RESEARCH is her driving passion. In fact, 17-year-old Kimberly (Kim) Burnett is fiercely determined to make a significant contribution in the field of genetic and cancerresearch that will, hopefully, one day lead to the cure for the world's most deadly disease.
Kim's dream was inspired by the story of Henrietta Lacks, the African-American female who died of cancer in 1951 and her cells harvested and used in medical research. The cell line, called HeLa, became immensely valuable to research studies and led to major medical breakthroughs. Lacks' cells were, in fact, the first known human immortal cell line for medical research.
"My interest in medical research was really piqued by her story. And I realised that, more than anything, I wanted to dedicate my life to genetic and cancer research, and I know I will succeed in that field, because I am willing to put in the hard work," said the Immaculate Conception High School student. read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment