Dr Mitchell-Richards : Life After Cancer......The former Montego Bay High student has no history of cancer in her immediate family, which could have been one of the reasons the first doctor she went to with the findings of her self-examination was sceptical.

As early as age 27, Dr Kisha Mitchell-Richards had a premonition she would have breast cancer.
Of course, she wasn't able to predict the date, time or place, but she felt it was inevitable. She told Outlook, "I was a resident in pathology, and came across the biopsy of a 27-year-old woman that we diagnosed with breast cancer. She and I shared the same first name - including the spelling (most iterations of Kisha have an 'e'). The thought arose in the back of my head and never left."
Dr Mitchell-Richards with her father, Gerard, and her mother, Lurline.
Dr Mitchell-Richards with her
 father, Gerard, and her mother, Lurline.
Mitchell-Richards, a forensic pathologist, who is currently an assistant professor at the prestigious Yale University in Connecticut, received her confirmation of the life-threatening disease seven years later, at the age of 34.
The former Montego Bay High student has no history of cancer in her immediate family, which could have been one of the reasons the first doctor she went to with the findings of her self-examination was sceptical. "She knew I was a physician, she gave me what I would call a cursory exam and said, 'No man, I don't feel anything.' I said, 'Are you are sure?', she said she was." read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment