IN JAMAICA: 105-y-o Centenarian forced out of the constabulary by 'OBEAH'

Cyril Goffe, a former police officer
tells how he was forced to
 leave the Jamaica Constabulary
 Force after nine years


 
HE is 105 years old, yet Cyril Goffe walked through his front door eager to share his life's story with the Jamaica Observer, all senses intact. A former policeman, Goffe said that what existed over 100 years ago was heavenly, compared to what he is hearing of today.
"What I am hearing of today and what I have passed through, I should say my days were heavenly," the centenarian told the Sunday Observer last week from his Kingston 19 home. "As far as I can remember, the happenings were nothing serious. Mark you, the place was not rich in cash, but it was rich in unity and love," he said.
Born in Rock River, Clarendon, on April 5, 1908, Goffe was the only boy of six children for his parents. He admitted his unhappiness in being the only boy growing up with five girls.
"I didn't feel so well," he said. "The area was full of other boys, and when I would care to go and play with them, that was the time I would be called to do something that one of the girls could do," he recalled. READ More...


 

1 comment:

  1. Very happy to see this!
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=46288

    ReplyDelete