Cali P To Give 'Reggae Talk' At UWI....The increasingly popular 'Reggae Talks' at the University of theWest Indies (UWI), Mona, continue today at 7 p.m. in the Neville Hall Lecture theatre (N1).


The increasingly popular 'Reggae Talks' at the University of theWest Indies (UWI), Mona, continue today at 7 p.m. in the Neville Hall Lecture theatre (N1).
First it was Jah9, then Protoje, then No-Maddz. This week's speaker is the Swiss reggae artist Cali P, who now lives in Jamaica.
Cali P - ContributedIn an exclusive interview with Gleaner writer Jordaine Delahaye, Cali P, whose legal name is Pierre Nanon, said, "I started writing lyrics and singing in Switzerland when I was 14. There were positives and negatives living there. Looking on it as a whole, I had a lot of moments where I really didn't want to be there because I felt unwelcome. Not being white there makes people treat you like a foreigner at all times, and that can get really annoying."

No comments:

Post a Comment