Mother of Jamaican killed, 25 y-o Tremaine Thomas in Trinidad wants answers....Bridgette Johnson wants to go get her son’s body from Trinidad

BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com  Tuesday, September 30, 2014  
THE mother of Jamaican actor Tremaine Thomas, who was shot dead in a volatile community in Port of Spain, Trinidad, last Thursday night, is demanding the truth about his killing.
Front cover of today's paper“I know my child, he was no gunman,” Bridgette Johnson told the Jamaica Observer yesterday. “He had a clean police record in Jamaica. And it is upon that premise that I am seeking justice. In my heart I know my child is not a criminal; he was not a gunman.”
Trinidad media reported that five men were in the Laventille area when occupants of a black vehicle fired gunshots on the group, hitting all of them.
One of the dead men, Dillon Skeete, was reported to be a gang leader.
“The newspaper in Trinidad is saying that it was gunmen who murdered my child, but yet eyewitness is saying that it is police; so I don’t know,” Johnson told the Observer. “I am not going to sit here and speculate, but I am in search of justice because I don’t know, and I have to make that clear.”
Twenty-five-year-old Thomas was in Trinidad to shoot a movie.
His mother said that up to yesterday she had not been contacted by the authorities in Trinidad and Tobago and had to be relying on the media to know what was happening.
“But even if they don’t contact me directly, they can contact the Jamaican Government so I can know what is happening. I want to know how I can get my child’s body. I need answers as to what happened,” the mother pleaded. more

No comments:

Post a Comment