Facebook says it removed 3.2 Billion fake accounts in 6 months

Friday, November 15, 2019 (Associated Press)

AP File Pic
SAN FRANCISCO, United States (AP)— Facebook says it removed 3.2 billion fake accounts from its service from April to September, up slightly from three billion in the previous six months.
Nearly all of the bogus accounts were caught before they had a chance to become “active” users of the social network, so they are not counted in the user figures the company reports regularly. Facebook estimates that about five per cent of its 2.45 billion user accounts are fake.
The company said in a report Wednesday that it also removed 18.5 million instances of child nudity and sexual exploitation from its main platform in the April-September period, up from 13 million in the previous six months. It says the increase was due to improvements in detection.
In addition, Facebook said it removed 11.4 million instances of hate speech during the period, up from 7.5 million in the previous six months. The company says it is beginning to remove hate speech proactively, the way it does with some extremist content, child-exploitation and other material.
Facebook expanded the data it shares on its removal of terrorist propaganda. Its earlier reports only included data on al-Qaida, ISIS and their affiliates. The latest report shows Facebook detects material posted by non-ISIS or al-Qaida extremist groups at a lower rate than those two organizations.
The report is Facebook's fourth on standards enforcement and the first to include data from Instagram in areas such as child nudity, illicit firearm and drug sales, and terrorist propaganda. The company said it removed 1.3 million instances of child nudity and child sexual exploitation from Instagram during the reported period, much of it before people saw it.

BREAKING NEWS (11/15/19) : ROGER STONE, Found Guilty On All 7 Charges Of Lying To Congress, Winess Tampering, Obstruction and more....

BREAKING NEWS (11/15/19) : ROGER STONE, Found Guilty On All 7 Charges Of Lying To Congress and more....
The political consultant for Donald Trump was accused of lying to Congress as lawmakers investigated Russian interference in the 2016 election....WASHINGTON ― Roger Stone, a former Trump campaign official and longtime practitioner of the political dark arts, was found guilty on Friday of lying to Congress.
Stone was accused of intimidating a witness and lying to congressional investigators who were looking into Russian interference in the 2016 election. He was found guilty on all seven counts he was charged with, including witness tampering and giving numerous false statements to lawmakers about his communications with WikiLeaks.

Nine-year-old child genius to graduate university....He then plans to embark on a PhD program in electrical engineering and a Medicine Degree

By Jack Guy, CNN  Updated 2332 GMT (0732 HKT) November 14, 2019
(CNN) child prodigy from Belgium is on course to gain a bachelor's degree at the tender age of 9.
Laurent Simons pictured here in 2018.
Laurent Simons pictured here in 2018.
Laurent Simons is studying electrical engineering at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE) -- a tough course even for students of an average graduate age.
Described by staff as "simply extraordinary," Laurent is on course to finish his degree in December.
    He then plans to embark on a PhD program in electrical engineering while also studying for a medicine degree, his father told CNN. His parents, Lydia and Alexander Simons, said they thought Laurent's grandparents were exaggerating when they said he had a gift, but his teachers soon concurred.
    "They noticed something very special about Laurent," said Lydia. Laurent was given test after test as teachers tried to work out the extent of his talents. "They told us he is like a sponge," said Alexander.
    While Laurent comes from a family of doctors, his parents have so far not received any explanation as to why their child prodigy is capable of learning so quickly.
    But Lydia has her own theory. "I ate a lot of fish during the pregnancy," she joked. more

    Two Policemen Convicted Of 2009 Killing Of Kingston Man

    Published:Thursday | November 14, 2019 | 6:40 PM Barrett, Senior Staff Reporter
    Two policemen who were assigned to the now disbanded Mobile Reserve unit were on Thursday convicted of the controversial killing of a man in central Kingston 10 years ago.
    By majority decision, Constable Gareth Davis was convicted of murder while Constable Christobel Smith was found guilty of manslaughter by a seven-member jury in the Gun Court in downtown Kingston.
    Gun Court cases are closed to the public.The victim, Omar Marshall, was shot nine times inside his yard at 16 Blake Road on October 9, 2009.
    The two cops were part of a police team that went to the premises under the supervision of a superintendent. Eyewitnesses reportedly testified that Marshall was urinating at the fence in the front yard when the four cops entered, held him and dragged him to the back of the premises where he was shot by the convicted policemen.
    One eyewitness insisted that Marshall did not have anything in his hands when he was shot and said he told the policemen he was preparing to go to the airport to meet his mother. The cops told him that his mother was coming to bury him before they each shot him, the witness reportedly testified.
    The policemen claimed, in their defence, that they were patrolling in the area when they saw Marshall – who they did not know before – running from the roadway to the premises on Blake Road.
    They said they chased him to the back of the premises where he turned to face them with a firearm in his hand. Both cops said they fired in self defence. A firearm, which was said to be in Marshall’s hand at the time, was handed over by the cops, a claim which was reportedly refuted by witnesses.

    Trackazee Dance....3 woman and a man


    Errol Dunkley (68 year-old) - Your'e Gonna Need Me Darling (Impromptu Interview)

    Errol Dunkley, sometimes spelled Erroll Dunkley, is a Jamaican reggae musician, born in Kingston, Jamaica in 1951. Wikipedia
    BornFebruary 6, 1951 (age 68 years), Kingston, Jamaica
    Dunkley's recording career began in 1965, when he was 14, with "Gypsy" (a duet with Roy Shirley) for Linden Pottinger's Gaydisc label, "My Queen" (with Junior English) for Prince Buster, and "Love Me Forever" on the Rio label.[2] From 1967 to 1968, he recorded several singles for Joe Gibbs, including "Please Stop Your Lying" (1967) and "Love Brother" (1968), before switching to Coxsone Dodd in 1969.[3]
    In the early 1970s, with Gregory Isaacs, he formed the African Museum record label. Isaacs soon took sole control of the label, and Dunkley formed Silver Ring, a new label. In 1972, he teamed up with producer Jimmy Radway for two of his most popular singles, "Keep the Pressure Down" and "Black Cinderella". The same year saw the release of Dunkley's debut album, Presenting Errol Dunkley, produced by Sonia Pottinger, which included the track "A Little Way Different".
    Dunkley continued to record throughout the 1970s and toward the end of the decade his popularity in the UK grew, resulting in a breakthrough UK Singles Chart hit in 1979 with "OK Fred", a cover version of a song written by John Holt, that reached number 11.[4] His 1980 release "Sit Down And Cry" also reached the charts.
    Dunkley re-recorded "OK Fred", his biggest hit, in 1996 with Queen Sister *N*.