LORENZO McLEGGON : Left for dead Former cop shot in head, living off $1,000 pension, gets help from JCF's Mobile Reserve

BY EVERARD OWEN Observer writer  Monday, February 05, 2018

A former policeman who was shot in the head while on duty in 1976, but survived, needs help.
Lorenzo McLeggon
The ex-cop, 74-year-old Lorenzo McLeggon, served six years in the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) before he was injured and left for dead.
Last Friday when a team from the JCF's Mobile Reserve branch visited McLeggon at his home in Hart Hill, Portland, he was a happy man.
The team, headed by Acting Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Steve McGregor, brought food items for McLeggon, who in return said: “It is the first I'm seeing Christmas in February.” He was in good spirits as he shared the reason for his current situation.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of Police
Steve McGregor and his team 
“I was stationed at SIS Harmon Barracks, Mobile Reserve, and I was on investigation in the Olympic Gardens area. I went to assist a shopkeeper who was held up and I misread the play. One of two gunmen came behind me and neck-hold me, stuck the gun in my head directly and shot me. If you look in the head you will see the depression. As a result, I have fragments of bullet in the brain and it gives me epileptic fit sometimes. I can't walk either,” he shared, noting that if it were not for his mother and sister, who both take care of him, he would have already been dead. more

No comments:

Post a Comment