Javon 'Donkeyman' Francis gives God the glory running his lifetime best 44.50 seconds at the JAAA National Senior Championships.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015  -- Paul Reid
AFTER running his lifetime best 44.50 seconds, just a tenth off the national record 44.40 seconds held by Jermaine Gonzales, Javon 'Donkeyman' Francis was expected to claim the record for himself at last weekend's JAAA National Senior Championships.
FRANCIS... I feel good about my performance today.
Rusheen McDonald who had run 44.60 seconds, Francis, who was injured in last season's National Senior Championships, was expected to win the one-lap race and he delivered for his first senior title.
His 44.70 seconds, just dipping at the line to beat the late-charging McDonald, was slower than expected, but the ebullient Francis was not concerned with times on Sunday.
"I feel good about my performance today," he said. "I just give God thanks that I came out here and enjoyed my day in front of my home crowd."
He reminded members of the media that not too long ago he was running 59.00 seconds for the quarter mile, so he was grateful for where he is today.
"I remember when I just started running 400m I was running 59.00 seconds so I am thankful that I got it down to 44 seconds in the same range as (American World Champion) Leshawn Merrit and (Olympic champion and world leader) Kirani James."
He said that he would leave it to his Coach Michael Clarke to get him ready to run fast and lower his times even further when the time was right.
"Michael Clarke is a good coach and I will leave it to him," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment