Ask The Doc in JAMAICA: Visiting Neighbour Asked Me For Sex, What Should I Do?

Published:Tuesday | May 26, 2015
Q: I was walking home when a visiting neighbour asked me for sex. I am 17. I told him no. Should I tell my mother?
A: Let your mother know right away.
Q: My son shared with me his concern for the neighbour's daughter who comes home late daily. Should I share this information with her parents?
A: You must remember that you are to care for the children in your neighbourhood. Let the parents know of your concern.
Q A local businesswoman approached me and told me she would sponsor me if I delivered stuff around the city after school. She does not want me to tell anyone. I feel uncomfortable, What should I do?
A: Tell her no and let your guardians know of this proposition.
- Orlean Brown-Earle, PhD, is a child psychologist and family therapist. Email questions to editor@gleanerjm.com or send to Ask the Doc, c/o The Gleaner Company, 7 North Street, Kingston. Responses to concerns are to be considered as general, as cases shared with psychologists privately would be queried more deeply. Pray always.

No comments:

Post a Comment