Phylis Sues, dancer celebrated 91st birthday while appearing on Katie Couric's TV show.....Phyllis Sues' active lifestyle at 91 includes; Tango, jump rope, tennis, yoga, trapeze and hiking. Phyllis exercises daily and dances the tango with her partner Felix Chavez (79)

Celebrating a 91st birthday is not what I'm after. Celebrating being here is where it's at. Celebrating the air we breathe, the ground we walk on. I celebrate each day that I wake up and can see the puffy white clouds in a beautiful blue sky. I celebrate living in this amazing city of Los Angeles.
Posing for the camera at 89.
I just returned from an overnight trip to New York to appear on Katie Couric's TV show "Katie." While driving from JFK to the city, I realized how lucky I am to live in L.A. Living in New York in the 40's and the 50's to me, was probably the epitome of living. For me there was nothing to compare to that great city. Now, New York is different or maybe I'm a different person. Both apply. I've lived in Los Angeles for more than 60 years and it's grown in a million ways. Intellectually, musically and architecturally, are just a few.
But I'm vacillating. What this April 4th birthday means to me is really, that I have grown mentally and physically and that I never stop loving what I do. Only one minor hitch at this moment. Someone has thrown me a curve and for the first time in my life, I am feeling real pain and I learned how to deal with it. It was an amazing experience. WATCH VIDEO of her workout.
Sues doing the Peacock Pose
 at City Yoga, West Hollywood, CA
.
I had a great opportunity, as I was asked to appear on Katie Couric's TV show (airing soon). Incidentally she is a truly great host and personality. A few days prior to flying to New York, I was feeling severe pain and I knew there was no way I could cancel this wonderful opportunity. So I made the flight to NYC and did the show, all the time feeling this agonizing pain. I had not a clue what the cause was. I stepped on stage with two other performers, a gentleman 100 years old and a beautiful lady 77 years old. So you get the picture of the premise of the show "how one deals with age." We were each interviewed, but in my case, plus the interview, Katie and I performed a headstand on the stage together and while in the headstand we talked and laughed and the audience went crazy! They love Katie and the show! more

No comments:

Post a Comment