OLYMPIAN Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce sharpening for 200m rewards

Fraser-Pryce
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce, last year, tested the water doing the sprint double at a major championship. Now she is a legitimate contender to take both 100 and 200 metres at the upcoming World Championship.

Fraser-Pryce surprised many by taking the 200m silver medal in London in a personal best of 22.09 and she’s positioning herself as a threat to the do the sprint double in Moscow. But the double Olympic 100m gold medallist admits there is a lot more work needed for her to reach that level in the 200m.
“Last year was a bit of testing the water for me, where I did the 100 and 200 at a major championships, which was rewarding. Now that I look back at it, I can take a lot from it,” Fraser Pryce said at a Diamond League press conference Friday.
“I’m definitely working more at the 200 because I can be a little off in the 200 because I’m still trying to learn the event. I’m not one of those athletes who will have a burst of energy to the line. I attack it from the start. The more 200s I do, the more I’ll know whether this works or that works,” she added. READ More...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment