7 Embassy Scholarship Awardees Grateful, Excited About China Trip

Hunter
Hunter
Garfield Hunter was among seven students who were on Wednesday awarded with a Chinese-government scholarship during an awards ceremony held at the Chinese Embassy in St Andrew.
The 28-year-old, who will be pursuing his doctorate in urban and regional planning, told The Gleaner that his aim is to enhance the energy sector in Jamaica.
"As an urban and regional planner, and given that Jamaica is trying to kickstart its renewable energy drive, I think that doing further studies in this area will enable me to implement ways to reduce our energy bill," he said with confidence.
Hunter pointed out that the only barrier would be the difference in language but emphasised that he was eagerly awaiting the experience.
"My course will be taught in Chinese (Mandarin), so that will be my only problem. I'm in the process of learning the language, so I will not be worried too much about that," he said.
"I'm really happy for the opportunity, and I'm just going with an open mind and a positive attitude. I'm also very grateful for the support of my parents. I couldn't have done it without them," said Hunter. Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment